3 Key Insights for a Winning Hispanic Marketing Strategy
Advertising Age’s 14th Annual Hispanic Fact Pack is out and full of insights that will help you connect with the exploding Hispanic market. Here are the top facts you cannot miss before you embark on your next Hispanic marketing project.
1. Marketers can drive growth by targeting Hispanics
The Hispanic opportunity is here now and it’s time to market to the nation’s largest minority in their own language.
- The U.S. Hispanic population is 57.5 million strong as of July 1, 2016, with a median age of 29.
- Hispanics have accounted for nearly half of the population growth in the U.S. since 2010.
- 42.9% of online Hispanics sought some to all Spanish content.
2. Mobile is the way into Hispanic purchasing power
Hispanics do their homework when it comes to shopping with the palm of their hand. Compared to the general market, more Hispanics research their purchases online via mobile before and even during their in-store shopping experience. The opportunity to reach them through their mobile phones is ripe. As Ad Age shows:
- 22.8% Hispanics vs 12.3% general market used their mobile phone before, and during their shopping experience by calling a family member or friend for advice, or summoning online review sites and price comparisons.
- U.S. Hispanics like spreading the word on their purchases. They look up and write reviews through their mobile phone significantly more than general market: 28.9% Hispanic vs 16.8 of all adults looked up reviews before entering the store. 20.9% Hispanics vs 7.5% of all adults wrote reviews at checkout.
- U.S. Hispanic cell phone use was significantly higher while shopping for every single category, from apparel to food, to electronics, to tickets and toys.
- More U.S. Hispanics use mobile online video than non-Hispanics.
3. Social is where Hispanics are researching and talking about your brand
Hispanics live on social platforms and when it comes to shopping, Hispanics turn to social to research, review and advocate for brands
- 23.9% of Hispanics vs 9.2% of all adults used social media to comment on a purchase made before entering a store
- 20.9% Hispanics vs 10.8% of all adults commented on social media while in a store
- 20.9% Hispanics vs 7.5% of all adults wrote a review on a purchase on either social media, a blog or a forum
What are you doing to take advantage of the Hispanic opportunity?
Savvy brands are putting their money behind the Hispanic opportunity across industries including personal care, household products, pharmaceuticals, and telecommunications. The top companies investing in Hispanic media invested a total of $368 million and include Procter and Gamble, Genomma Lab Internacional, AT&T, Loreal, Allstate, Honda, and Walt Disney Co among others.
Whether your brand is big or small, understanding Hispanic demographics, reaching them via mobile, and engaging in social networks will undoubtedly push forward your marketing efforts to deliver growth.